Top 5 Best Full Face Snorkel Masks for 2023
In recent years, the best full face snorkel masks have been slowly growing in popularity across the globe, especially in 2023. This trend is expected to continue. Many snorkelers find that using this style of mask gives them a more comfortable and natural experience because it allows them to breathe through their nose (rather than the mouth as with traditional snorkels). The product was especially highly accepted by novice snorkelers, who favor having the entirety of their face shielded from the water during their first experiences.
On the other hand, there are some people who have doubts about the validity of the notion and even express questions about the viability of wearing full-face masks. As a result, we have made the decision to discuss the benefits and drawbacks of using full face masks for snorkeling in this post, in addition to providing you with our recommendations for the top-rated full-face snorkeling masks.
|Ocean Reef Aria QR+||
||Check on AmazonCheck on Wallmart|
|Tribord Subea Easybreath||
||Check on Amazon|
|The Ocean Reef Aria Uno||
||Check on AmazonCheck on Walmart|
Read more about Best Go pro camera
Read more about tips of snorkeling
Best Snorkel Mask for Claustrophobia:
If you suffer from claustrophobia, the thought of putting your face in an underwater mask that covers your entire face may have made you anxious. The amount of anxiety, on the other hand, is said to be greatly reduced due to the fact that you are able to breathe normally, both in and out, through your nose rather than solely through your mouth. Snorkeling is now enjoyable for even people who have a major fear of being enclosed in tight spaces.
Many people have been able to overcome their claustrophobia and have a fantastic time snorkeling under the sea because they purchased a full face snorkeling mask, which is recommended for those who suffer from claustrophobia.
If you or someone else has ever struggled with claustrophobia in the past, utilizing a full-face snorkel mask can be the right solution for you. Sometimes claustrophobia can be made worse by anxiety that arises from concerns about one’s ability to breathe in a confined space. If you try to hold a snorkel in your teeth while simultaneously trying to remember not to breathe water in through your nose, your snorkeling experience will be more stressful than if you simply breathe naturally. This is because natural breathing is easier than holding a snorkel in your teeth.
The Top 5 Best Full Face Snorkel Masks
It doesn’t matter if you’re preparing to go diving for the very first time or if you’re an experienced ocean explorer; having a high-quality full-face snorkeling mask might determine whether or not you have an enjoyable experience under the water. If you have tried a standard mask before and found that it makes you feel a little uneasy, you might think about purchasing the best full face snorkel mask.
They can offer supplemental coverage, do away with the need for a mouthpiece, and make for a more enjoyable experience when swimming in the ocean. Get ready for some amazing underwater adventures by purchasing the greatest full-face snorkel mask you can find. Here is a list of the 5 greatest snorkeling full-face masks that we have compiled for you:
1. Ocean Reef Aria QR+
• Straps are of the soft elastic variety.
• Field of view: 180°
• Not distorted at all
• Dry snorkel: Yes
Snorkelers benefit from a panoramic view of 180 degrees with the Ocean Reef Aria QR+ mask, which is designed to be user-friendly and comfortable. The Aria QR+ is a full face snorkeling mask that offers exceptional performance at a price that is affordable for snorkelers of all experience levels.
Because of its walkie talkie attachment, the Ocean Reef Aria QR+ is the full face snorkeling mask that is best suited for use in big groups. Through the use of this feature, snorkelers are able to connect their “snorkie talkies” to one another and communicate with one another while they are submerged in water.
You can have a conversation while snorkeling; it’s not impossible. These are quite effective. The snorkel serves a similar purpose to an antenna. This makes it possible to communicate on land or at sea using a regular walkie-talkie that has two-way capabilities.
- The fog-free mask design and fog-free snorkeling experience are both possible thanks to the air circulation system that is patented by Ocean Reef and included in the Ocean Reef Aria QR+ mask.
- In the event of an unexpected emergency, the mask may be quickly and easily removed thanks to the strap’s integrated quick-release mechanism. It is not difficult to get to, and it can be turned to provide a better grip using the comfy elastic straps.
- When compared to other full-face snorkeling masks, this one has a darker face seal that helps to reduce the amount of glare coming from the surface.
- This full face snorkeling mask gives you a panoramic perspective of the underwater world that extends to 180 degrees, which is an improvement in field of view when compared to regular masks.
- In addition, the snorkel comes equipped with a camera action mount, allowing you to film all of your exploits while snorkeling. Additionally, the mount placement is orange, which will make it easier for you to find your mask if you happen to drop it in the water.
- All of the Ocean Reef full face snorkel mask range’s accessories are suitable for use with the Aria Classic from Ocean Reef, which is compatible with all of them.
As one of the most forward-thinking approaches to the sport of snorkeling, the Ocean Reef Aria QR+ comes highly recommended by our team. In addition to this, Ocean Reef has made investments to ensure that snorkelers are protected from any potential respiratory hazards that may arise as a result of the design.
You are able to speak with other snorkelers who have the walkie talkie attachment by using the function on your snorkel. This function not only allows you to breathe easily and remain comfortable, but it also enables you to communicate with other people who are snorkeling.
This feature distinguishes the Ocean Reef Aria QR+ from similar goods on the market and makes it an excellent choice for snorkeling excursions with multiple people.
2. Tribord Subea Easybreath
• Straps are of the soft elastic variety.
• Field of view: 180°
• Not distorted at all
• Dry snorkel: Yes
It’s not easy to find a beach that doesn’t have at least one Tribord full face snorkel mask available for rent or purchase. The Tribord Subea Easybreath full face snorkel mask is a fantastic option for snorkelers of all skill levels because it is well-liked, offers a high level of comfort, and is available in a wide range of sizes.
Masks from Tribord are available in a wide range of sizes, making them appropriate for both children and adults of all ages. At the edges of the view that encompasses 180 degrees, there is very little to no distortion. When you snorkel, you won’t need to turn your head nearly as many thanks to this feature.
The timeless design of the Tribord Subea Easybreath makes it suitable for use by the whole family and well worth the investment, particularly for individuals who are unsure of how much they will appreciate the novel snorkeling experience. Tribord is a popular choice for anyone who is interested in trying full-face snorkel masks because it is simple to use and made with materials that are soft and comfortable.
- The Tribord Subea Easybreath has a secure lock snorkel that helps to prevent the snorkel from becoming detached from the mask while you are underwater.
- This full face snorkel mask has a double chamber air vent valve that lets you breathe normally through both your mouth and your nose while you are wearing it. This allows for a consistent flow of clean air to be inhaled while wearing the mask.
- The mask offers a viewing experience that is 180 degrees in all directions, which will make it possible for you to see the underwater world more clearly. The edges almost completely lack any sign of distortion.
- Tribord has included their anti-fogging design, which is protected by a patent, in each and every one of their mask models, and the Tribord Subea Easybreath is not an exception.
- The elasticized textile straps that are used to fasten the snorkeler’s mask to their head are not only easily adjustable but also avoid getting tangled in the snorkeler’s long hair.
a. The XS size is one of the most comfortable full-face snorkel mask models that are available, and it is recommended for children who are between the ages of 6 and 10.
Yes, the Tribord Subea Easybreath Full Face Snorkel Mask comes highly recommended by our team for snorkelers looking for a mask that is both comfortable and suitable for use by families.
The Tribord Subea Easybreath is a good option for snorkelers of any skill level who are interested in trying full-face snorkel masks. This includes both novice and advanced snorkelers. It provides snorkelers with an outstanding panoramic view of 180 degrees underwater and is a good option for snorkelers who are interested in trying full face snorkel masks.
Snorkelers who are looking for a dependable and secure full face snorkeling mask while they are in the water should consider purchasing the Tribord Subea Easybreath. This mask is a great option. After subjecting the mask to a series of tests, as well as 10 other models of full face snorkel masks, we discovered that the Tribord Subea Easybreath was one of the most comfortable models available, particularly for use by families and people just starting out in the sport.
3. The Ocean Reef Aria Uno:
• Rubber Strap
• 180° view
• Not distorted at all
• Dry snorkel: Yes
Because of the materials that were used in its construction, the Ocean Reef Uno is not only comfortable but also long-lasting and lightweight.
This full face mask was designed with comfort in mind, so it works well with a variety of different facial contours. The one and only drawback is that the sizes run on the larger side, which can be uncomfortable for some people. If you are on the verge of fitting into either of the two sizes, our recommendation is that you go with the smaller of the two.
The rubber straps are flexible while still providing a secure fit, which stops the mask from slipping around while the wearer is in the water. Both the Dry Top and the silicone skirt of the mask collaborate to ensure that no water is allowed to enter the mask.
Ocean Reef products come with their very own orinasal passage, which is a passageway that connects the front of your face to the snorkel and ensures the best possible seal around your nose. They put all of their products through a battery of tests in water to ensure that they are safe and comfortable to use.
The Ocean Reef Uno has exceptional airflow, making it simple to breathe with the mask; in addition, the one-of-a-kind technology developed by Ocean Reef guarantees that there will be no fog.
- The Ocean Reef Uno full face snorkel mask improves your field of view in comparison to traditional masks by providing you with a panoramic view of the underwater world that spans an entire 180 degrees.
- Because of Ocean Reef’s patented air circulation technology, which permits a free flow of fresh air into the mask, the firm guarantees a guarantee that the mask will not fog up. This technology also makes it possible for the mask to be worn for longer periods of time.
- The Ocean Reef Uno can be used with any of the additional Ocean Reef full-face snorkel mask accessories that are currently available. Accessories for snorkeling, such as the Snorkie Talkie and Optical Lens Kits, can be used to improve the overall quality of the activity for those who participate in it.
- The Ocean Reef Uno has a comfortable fit thanks to its rubber straps and its flexible silicon skirt. Because of its shape and the seals, it is physically impossible for water to get inside the mask.
Yes, snorkelers who are looking for a comfortable snorkel mask should consider purchasing the Ocean Reef Uno Full Face Snorkel Mask from our website. In addition to being one of the most comfortable snorkel masks currently available, the Ocean Reef Uno gives snorkelers an excellent panoramic view of 180 degrees in all directions while they are underwater.
After putting approximately ten other full-face snorkel masks through their paces, we found that the Ocean Reef Uno mask was the most comfortable of the bunch. We put this mask through a considerable number of tests, and the results showed that it performed very well in all of them. For this reason, we urge all snorkelers to purchase the Ocean Reef Uno full-face snorkel mask as it comes highly recommended by us.
4. Ocean Reef Aria Classic
• The straps are of the soft elastic variety.
• Field of view: 180°
• A minor amount of distortion
• Dry snorkel: Yes
One of the full-face snorkel masks that is now on the market, the Ocean Reef Aria Classic, has earned a reputation for being one of the most comfortable options available. Because the manufacturer has gone to such great lengths to ensure that the masks are comfortable to wear on any face, this is the result.
The Ocean Reef Aria classic full face snorkel is a comfortable and easy-to-breathe device that features pliable straps and a view that encompasses a full 180 degrees. Ocean Reef products each feature a one-of-a-kind orinasal passage that is designed to provide the best possible seal around your nose.
Ocean Reef has perfected the design of the mask so that it fits comfortably on a wide variety of different sized and shaped faces. The Dry Top, in conjunction with the mask’s silicon skirt, prevents any moisture from getting inside the mask. The straps can be easily adjusted, and the headband is made of a soft fabric that makes it comfortable to wear and prevents it from ripping longer hair.
- The Ocean Reef Aria Classic features a new soft elastic strap design that helps to secure a great fit on the snorkeler’s head while also providing maximum comfort. This new design is one of the many improvements that have been made to the product. Because the company is dedicated to making ongoing improvements to the quality of its products, this design was made possible.
- This full face snorkel mask gives you a panoramic view of the underwater world that extends to 180 degrees, which is an improvement in the field of view when compared to traditional masks.
- Because of Ocean Reef’s patented air circulation technology, which permits a free flow of fresh air into the mask, the company offers a guarantee that the mask will not fog up. This technology also makes it possible for the mask to be worn for longer periods of time. Any Ocean Reef full-face snorkel mask accessory can be used with the Aria Classic from Ocean Reef.
- This includes the straps, lenses, and nose clips. The experience of snorkeling can be made more enjoyable with the help of accessories like the Snorkie Talkie, which enables users to communicate with and listen to other people who are snorkeling at the same time.
Yes, snorkelers who are looking for a mask that fits well should consider purchasing the Ocean Reef Aria Classic Full Face Snorkel Mask from our website. The Ocean Reef Aria Classic is one of the masks available that has the best fit, and it offers snorkelers a view that is panoramic in every direction while they are underwater.
After putting approximately ten other full-face snorkel masks through their paces, the Ocean Reef Aria Classic mask stood out due to how well it fits the wearer’s face. We put this mask through a number of different tests, in which it scored very well, and tried it out a number of times. Because of this, we give the Ocean Reef Aria Classic full face snorkel mask our highest recommendation for anyone who plans to go snorkeling.
5. Cressi Baron:
• Straps are of the soft elastic variety.
• Field of view: 180°
• Not distorted at all
• Dry snorkel: Yes
Cressi is known for producing high-quality products for the water sports industry, and their full face snorkel masks are no exception. This mask has excellent underwater visibility, with very little distortion despite having a wide viewing angle of 180 degrees.
Although there is a slight curvature to the view at the very edges of the frame, it is only discernible if you are specifically looking for it. Even though we were actively looking for it, it did not detract from our overall enjoyment of the experience.
The Cressi Baron snorkel features a dry guard in addition to its watertight construction that is achieved by using a soft silicon skirt and straps. This mask is simple to use, and its design makes it possible to maintain a natural airflow, allowing for easy, unrestricted breathing.
Due to the fact that this model has the same separation of air exchange as the best full-face snorkel masks and the more expensive Duke model, it is without a doubt one that should be taken into consideration. In point of fact, this is one whose purchase you almost certainly won’t come to regret.
Adjustable and comfortable soft straps ensure that you will have a good fit. The Cressi Baron is both simple to transport and comfortable to wear thanks to the high-quality and lightweight materials that were used in its construction.
- The Cressi Baron comes with all of the outstanding features that are included in the Cressi Duke at a price that is more reasonable.
- The Cressi Baron full face snorkel mask enhances your field of view in comparison to that of traditional masks by providing you with a wide panoramic view of the underwater world that spans 180 degrees.
- Cressi’s patented air circulation technology, which enables a free flow of clean air, is what prevents the masks from misting up and causing discomfort to the wearer.
- The flexible skirt is made of silicon and the flexible straps work together to create a leak-proof seal. In addition, the snorkel has a dry guard that prevents any water from getting into the mask while you’re using it.
Because of the high-quality materials and cutting-edge technology used in its construction, the Cressi Baron mask is an excellent choice for novice divers as well as experienced divers who want to discover more of the underwater world.
Yes, the Cressi Baron Full Face Snorkel Mask comes highly recommended by our team for snorkelers who are looking for an affordable snorkel mask. The Cressi Baron is an excellent option for snorkelers looking to try full face snorkel masks or beginners looking for a mask that offers a panoramic view of 180 degrees underwater. It is also an excellent choice for snorkelers who want an excellent underwater view.
The Cressi Baron mask stood out as a better alternative to the Cressi Duke mask after trying and testing approximately ten other full-face snorkel masks.
We put this mask through a number of different tests, in which it scored very well, and tried it out a number of times. For this reason, we give the Cressi Baron full-face snorkel mask our highest recommendation for use by any and all snorkelers, but especially by novices and those who are new to using full face snorkel masks.
Full Face Snorkel Mask Buyer’s guide
Since their introduction, these masks have made significant strides forward, as evidenced by the Oceanreef Aria with Walkie-Talkie, which features allergy-friendly silicone and improved snorkel attachments.
Due to the wide variety of sizes, shapes, and materials available, purchasing a full-face snorkel mask requires some careful consideration. Although prior expertise with a scuba mask is beneficial and should be applied, it is a whole other story when the mask covers the entire face.
It is crucial to choose a mask that fits your face properly because this will either prevent water from entering the mask if it is too big or avoid discomfort if the mask is too small and tight. Finding a mask that is the correct size is important.
Fortunately, all of the work has been completed for you by our team. When shopping for a full-face snorkel mask, here are some of our top recommendations and items to keep in mind.
Because full face snorkel masks cover the entirety of the face, it is essential to choose the appropriate size when purchasing one. A full-face snorkel mask that is too large for the wearer’s face will allow water to enter.
In order to determine the size of your face, you need either a tape measure or a piece of thread. After that, you will need to take a measurement that extends from your eyebrows all the way down to your chin. This will give you the length of your face, which will assist you in selecting the appropriate size so that it will suit you properly.
The majority of full-face snorkel masks feature straps that can be adjusted so that the mask can be customized to provide a snug fit on your face.
The silicon skirting that is typically found on full-face snorkel masks will not only help with comfort but will also prevent any water from getting into the mask.
If you find that water is getting into your mask while you are using it, you should adjust the straps so that they are more snug. If you find that this is not the right fit for you, you might want to look into purchasing a different size. The most comfortable experience possible can be had when snorkeling by selecting the appropriate size of full face snorkel mask.
When shopping for a full-face snorkel mask, it is essential to take into consideration the different masks’ construction materials and other characteristics. The majority of masks come with silicon skirting already attached to them; this skirting not only gives additional comfort but also prevents water from getting inside the masks. The silicon edging creates a seal that prevents air from leaking in. Silicon skirts that are hypoallergenic will make snorkeling more comfortable for people who have sensitive skin and will reduce the likelihood of any irritation that may be caused by the activity.
A snorkel with a dry top will prevent water from getting into the mask through the breathing tube. It will prevent any moisture from entering the mask thanks to this feature. Additionally, a wave guard will check to see that the mask does not let any water in through its pores. Snorkeling without a wave guard or a dry snorkel will be an unpleasant experience since water will get into the mask and cause it to fill up. As a result, the mask will need to be removed and emptied periodically while you are snorkeling.
The majority of full face snorkel masks are constructed using a combination of plastics; among these, some plastics are more long-lasting and robust than others. Because of this, they will be more convenient to bring along on trips. The weight of the full face snorkel mask is going to be an important consideration, as that will help determine whether or not it is comfortable and whether or not it is portable.
The majority of full-face snorkel masks include straps that can be adjusted to fit the user’s head perfectly. You may customize the fit of the mask to your face with the adjustable straps, preventing any water from entering through the sides of the device. In addition to straps that can be adjusted, it is essential to take into consideration straps that can be quickly released and the materials that were used to manufacture the strap.
Straps made of plastic or rubber are typically used since they have a tendency to maintain the mask more securely on the face. On the other hand, they have a propensity for getting tangled up in hair that is longer, which is one of their main weaknesses. Because of this, removing the mask can be an extremely unpleasant experience because hair can get tangled up in the straps. Soft elastic straps are less likely to pull or yank on longer hair, making them a more pleasant option for those with longer hair. The full face snorkel masks also have soft elastic straps, which make it easy to put them on and take them off.
In conclusion, certain face masks come equipped with quick-release connectors for the straps. When you want to take off your mask quickly while you’re in the water, quick-release attachments are a great option to have. In the event of an accident, water getting into the mask, or even if you are just uncomfortable, you should probably remove your mask. The majority of masks are worn over the head, making them marginally more challenging to take off in a hurry than other types. It is important to keep in mind that velcro and other quick-release attachments can also cause pulling or tangling in hair that is longer.
Field of view
The expansion of the wearer’s field of vision is one of the primary benefits of switching to a full face mask from a conventional snorkeling mask. Full-face snorkel masks enclose the wearer’s full face and, as a result, provide a far broader field of vision, typically offering up to 180 degrees of peripheral vision.
Even while the most majority of full face masks offer a field of view that is 180 degrees, some of them are noticeably more warped than others. The view through the window of the mask is distorted as a result of the shape of the window and the materials used to make it. Snorkeling can occasionally be a little disturbing, despite the fact that the distortion is typically on the side. Despite the fact that the big full-face window on full-face snorkel masks can cause some distortion, most full-face masks offer a more expansive field of vision than regular masks do.
When looking for a full face snorkel mask, the ease with which air can be exhaled via the mask needs to be one of the initial things you give thought to. This is of the utmost importance since the mask may have potentially lethal repercussions if it were not constructed correctly.
If you want to be confident that the mask you buy has a good design, look to see if it has one-way valves in both the snorkel and the orinasal mask part. It is essential that you check that the mask fits snugly on your face in order to prevent water from getting inside the mask.
Some other Quick Recommendations:
H2O snorkel mask
• There are two versions of the H2O full face snorkel mask available: the Traditional and the GoPro. Believe me, having a built-in GoPro attachment on a mask is a fantastic addition to any mask, no matter what kind of mask it is. You can actually enjoy the snorkeling more without having to worry about whether or not you got a good picture of that moray eel curled up and hiding in that hole in the coral because this eliminates the need for you to worry about the camera for the entire day or just hit record (or take pictures every “X” seconds).
• It definitely stands out from some of the other options available on the market as a result of the high quality of the H2O. After working with a wide variety of full face snorkel masks over the course of the past two years, we are now in a position to easily identify quality. The H2O Ninja is constructed with superior-grade components. It’s easy to become used to. There is genuine attention to detail throughout, as evidenced by the precise placement of the components and fittings.
• The lens is composed of shatterproof polycarbonate and provides a field of view that is 180 degrees wide. It provides you with a stunningly gorgeous and incredibly clear image of the entire environment in front of you and all around you. The cutting-edge construction eliminates fogging in the viewing area, and it is just as easy to breathe within the mask as it is while you are standing on solid ground.
• Dry top technology and state-of-the-art seals work together to keep water out of the snorkeling area. However, in the event that there is an issue and water does get it in, all that is required to clear the mask is a rapid breath outwards.
• The problem of facial hair is completely removed from the equation thanks to the design of the H20 Ninja Mask. There will be no issues with mustaches, and the mask will continue to function magnificently even with a beard that has grown for around two days. If it’s more than that, you might want to look at purchasing some wax… or shaving off the facial hair.
Ocean Reef Aria Full Face Snorkel Mask Pink
• It is without a doubt one of the most effective pink full-face snorkel masks. In addition, Aria is the only full-face snorkeling mask on the market that comes with such a comprehensive accessory package! Snorkeling re-invented. This mask is not designed for use while free diving; nevertheless, it can be worn while swimming while submerged at shallow depths.
• The Oceanreef in Sizes Full-face snorkel mask with the Aria brand is X/S – S/M – L/XL
• Snorkel and breathe normally, just as Mother Nature instructed us to do.
• You may say goodbye to soreness in your jaw, difficulty in breathing, and water getting into your snorkel. For good. When using Aria, you will breathe in and out through your nose, and the dry top will prevent any water from entering the snorkel. Now that I’ve cleared it out, feel free to exclaim, “WOW!”
• EXPANDS YOUR RANGE OF VISION TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT!
• Aria’s field of vision is far larger than that of any other mask currently available. To that, we added colors that are light to create the most luminous experience possible.
• We bid farewell to defoggers, inconveniences, and missed opportunities to view the fish of a lifetime. The respiratory circulation that Aria maintains inside the mask’s frame ensures that there will be no fogging and no additional pressure. Simply throw it away and enter the pool.
• There will be no more water entering your snorkel, you will not need to clear it if you go underwater, and there will be no more water entering your snorkel if there is surf, splash, or anything of the sort. Relax your breathing, and take this opportunity to appreciate the scenery.
• Oceanreefs even allow you to attach a camera to the device. Full-face snorkel mask with the Aria brand.
• A docking station for action cameras is also included on the Aria, allowing you to record your adventures and play them back whenever you like. Simply throw it away and enter the pool.
In conclusion, it is up to you to weigh all of the benefits and drawbacks of using a full-face snorkeling mask and decide if you want to give it a try or stick with the tried-and-true method of snorkeling that consists of a mask and a snorkel. At the end of the day, your level of ease in the water is the single most important factor.